Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Peace of mind between the dark rocks

Recently I went 2 one of friend's native place, a beautiful town named "Ambasamuthiram" near Thirunelveli. On 27.Feb.2010, early morning we went 2 Agasthiyar falls and then to see an old women saint living alone on the hills. After climbing a few tens of steps, we reached her mutt. As she was feeling ill, We couldn't see her.
On passing her mutt,there i found an astonishing formations of dark rocks around deep waters. That place holds the name "Kalyanathirtham". The reason for the name s that it is belived that this was the place where Lord Shiva and Parvathi gave dharisanam to Agathia muni after their celestial wedding.
I was so impressed by the peace I found in the place. According to me "Munnar s the place where I found myself close to nature and here I found myself close to holiness". I left that place halfminded. Whenever I feel heavy I just keep imagining the peace I found in that place and the chilness in the water. I miss the place very much and longing 2 visit the place yet another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment